We pride ourselves on professional customer service, we want you to be happy with your purchase. If you are not completely satisfied, you can return the product to us and we will either repair/replace it or refund it, subject to the below terms. This Policy applies to products bought from DM Boutique itself and from Third Party Sellers.
Certain parts of this Policy do not apply to Unboxed Deals, reconditioned products or used products, and this is indicated in the relevant sections below. Unboxed Deals are returned products that are offered for sale at discounted prices, demo display because their original packaging is damaged, unsealed or missing, or the products show signs of handling and/or re-packaging.
This Policy forms part of the DM Boutique Terms and Conditions, and so words defined in the Terms and Conditions have the same meaning in this Policy unless the context indicates otherwise. Nothing in this Policy is intended to limit your statutory rights in any way.
1. Preparing your products for a return
- 1.1. To ensure your request is processed as quickly as possible you are responsible for the following when returning your products;
- 1.1.1. package your products safely and securely for protection during transit;
- 1.1.2. clearly mark your return with your order number on the outside of the parcel; and
- 1.1.3. include all accessories and parts that were sold with the product.
- 1.2. Failure to adhere to any of these requirements could delay the processing of your request or result in its decline altogether.
2. Unwanted products
- 2.1. If you indicated a particular purpose for which you intend to use the goods and it is not suitable to your needs, you may return or exchange the goods within 7 working days after you purchased them if it turns out that the goods are not suitable for the purpose you anticipated.
- We reserve the right to levy a 10% administration fee for returned orders (to recover transactional costs) as well as the cost of courier (original cost of sending as well as the cost of returning) against the credit note issued.
- Cancelled orders from a client before dispatch will be refunded taking into account a 10% administration fee (to recover transactional costs), if the cancellation is from us, the client will receive a full refund with no deductions.
- 2.1.1. it is undamaged and unused, with the original labels and stickers still attached;
- 2.1.2. save in relation to Unboxed Deals, reconditioned products and used products, it is in the original packaging, which must be undamaged and in its original condition with all seals still intact (if applicable). Please refer to our FAQs for some examples;
- 2.1.3. it is not missing any accessories or parts;
- 2.1.4. you can log a return by emailing email@example.com within 30 days of delivery to you or collection by you of the unwanted product. After 30 days, you can only return a product if it is defective; and
- 2.1.5 All returned Items are subject to inspection to ensure the items are suitable for a refund.
- 2.1.6. it is not one of the products listed below.
3. Changed your mind?
- 3.1. Where you have changed your mind and would like a credit for a product, you can return it – provided the product is not:
- 3.1.1. a digital product such as an electronic coupons, gaming code or another digital download;
- 3.1.2. a flat-pick furniture product that has been assembled after delivery.
4. Want to exchange?
- 4.1. Fashion products can be exchanged for a different size or colour variation, provided that such variation is available. An Unboxed Deal, reconditioned product or used product can only be exchanged for a variation of the same Unboxed Deal if such variation is available.
- 4.2. We are entitled to inspect the product to validate your return. Please refer to our FAQs for some advice on making sure that your product is returnable under this section.
5. Not what you ordered?
- 5.1. If we accidentally deliver the wrong product to you, or if the product is not as described on the Website, please notify us and we will collect the product from you at no charge. If the product is missing any accessories or parts, you will not get your refund. Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will at your choice deliver the correct product to you as soon as possible (if the correct product is available); or credit your account with the purchase price of the product within 10 days of the return (or refund you if that is your preference).
6. Products damaged on delivery
- 6.1. Should a product be damaged or missing any parts or accessories at the time of delivery/collection, please notify us within 48 hours of such delivery/collection contact us by email or telephone.
- 6.2. Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will at our own discretion repair / replace the product as soon as possible (if such repair is possible/ we have the same product in stock to use as a replacement) or refund you if that is your preference.
7. Defective products
- 7.1. We do our best to ensure that the products we deliver to you are of high quality, and in good working order and without defects.
- 7.2. What is a defect? A defect is a material imperfection in the manufacture of a product or any characteristic of a product, which makes the product less acceptable than one would reasonably be entitled to expect in the circumstances. Please refer to our FAQs for some examples.
- 7.3. The following will NOT be regarded as defects and will not entitle you to a return under this section 3:
- 7.3.1. faults resulting from normal wear and tear;
- 7.3.2. damage arising from negligence, user
- 7.3.3. damage arising from electrical surges or sea air corrosion;
- 7.3.4. damage arising from a failure to adequately care for the product;
- 7.3.5. damage arising from unauthorized alterations to the product;
- 7.3.6. where the specifications of a product, although accurately described on the Website and generally fit for its intended purpose, do not suit you; and
- 7.3.7. in relation to Unboxed Deals or used products, signs of handling and/or repackaging.
8. Standard Warranty
- 8.1. If you have received a product that turns out to be defective or otherwise of poor quality (save for direct warranty products which are discussed below), please notify us as soon as reasonably possible after you become aware of the defect or poor quality, but in any event within 6 months after delivery/collection of the product (except in the case of an extended supplier warranty, which is set out below).
- 8.2. You can do so by contacting us via email or telephone, and we will arrange to collect the product from you at no charge. Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will at your choice repair / replace the product (if such repair is possible / we have the same product in stock to use as a replacement) or refund you if that is your preference. If the repair/replacement takes longer than 21 days, we will get in touch with you to see if you would rather receive a refund.
- 8.3. Where there is no extended supplier warranty period, unfortunately, we cannot facilitate returns that fall outside of the 6 month period.
- 8.4. Where you request a repair/replacement of an Unboxed Deal, reconditioned product or used product and a repair is not possible, we will see if we have a replacement Unboxed Deal, reconditioned product or used product in stock (which is the same product, of the same nature and type, as the one sold), but if we do not, we will credit/refund you. A product in perfect condition (that is not an Unboxed Deal, reconditioned product or used product) is not the same product as an Unboxed Deal, reconditioned product or used product. This is why Unboxed Deals, reconditioned products and used products are discounted, compared to products in perfect condition.
9. Gift Vouchers & Coupons
- 9.1. There are two types of Coupons: a Coupon with a fixed amount of a discount, e.g. R100 off (“Fixed Coupon”), and a Coupon with a percentage discount, e.g. 10% off (“Percentage Coupon”).
- 9.2. Where you have used a Fixed Coupon to pay for an order, and you or DM Boutique later cancels your order (or part thereof) prior to delivery of the relevant product(s), or you log a return of one or more products for credit in accordance with the Returns Policy, the value of the Fixed Coupon will be deducted off the purchase price of the cancelled or returned product(s) (as applicable), and we will credit your account for the balance if any (or refund you if that is your preference). We will also provide you with a replacement Fixed Coupon of the same value as the original Fixed Coupon used. DM Boutique may in its sole discretion impose restrictions on the use of the replacement Fixed Coupon. For any subsequent cancellations or returns arising out of the same order, we will credit your account as normal with the value of the returned product (or refund you if that is your preference).
- 9.3. Where you have used a Percentage Coupon to pay for an order, and you or DM Boutique later cancels your order (or part thereof) prior to delivery of the relevant product(s), or you log a return of one or more products for credit in accordance with the Returns Policy, the value of the discount received using the Percentage Coupon will be deducted off the purchase price of the cancelled or returned product(s) (as applicable), and we will credit your account for the balance if any (or refund you if that is your preference). We will also provide you with a replacement Fixed Coupon of the same value as the discount received using the original Percentage Coupon. DM Boutique may in its sole discretion impose restrictions on the use of the replacement Fixed Coupon. For any subsequent cancellations or returns arising out of the same order, we will credit your account as normal with the value of the returned product (or refund you if that is your preference).
- 9.4. Wherever you have used a Gift Voucher to purchase a product that you later return for a refund in accordance with the Policy, we cannot refund you in cash for that portion of the purchase price which you paid using the Gift Voucher, but we will credit your account.
- 10.1. There are two types of bundles: a bundle consisting of products that either we or you (as provided on our website) have combined together in a single bundle (“Bundle Deal“); or a bundle compiled by our supplier and supplied to us as a single unit (“Pre-packed Bundle“). All returns relating to bundles are subject to the terms of this Policy as read with the following provisions:
- 10.1.1. Bundle Deal – You may return a Bundle Deal as a whole or any of its component products individually to us. If you qualify for a credit in respect of any component product, we will credit your account with the actual purchase price (after applying any applicable saving or discount) you paid for such a product as displayed in your order history.
- 10.1.2. Pre-packed Bundle – Unless otherwise indicated by us, your return of a Pre-packed Bundle will only be accepted if you return all of its component products to us. Failure to do so may result in us declining the return of a Pre-packed Bundle.
11. Charges and refunds
- 11.1. If you return a defective product to us, but you fail to return all of the accessories and parts that were sold with that product, we are entitled to (subject to applicable law) to refuse the return, only to replace the item that you did return, or to estimate the value of the missing accessories and parts and only to credit or refund you in respect of the returned item.
- 11.2. If you return a product that does not comply with this Policy, you may be liable to reimburse DM Boutique for the cost of collecting the product from you and the cost of having the product returned to you.
- 11.3. Under no circumstances will donations be refunded.
- 11.4. Please note that we only refund to the payment method that you originally used – i.e. payment by credit card will be refunded to the same credit card, payment by EFT will be refunded to your nominated bank account.
- 11.5 A 10% restocking fee will be charged on all non-defective returns
12. Items That Do Not Qualify For Returns & Refunds
- 12.1. Human Hair & Weaves.
- 12.2. Flat-packed furniture which has been assembled.
- 12.3. Furniture that has damaged packaging.
- 12.4. Incomplete packaging such as missing parts, tools, assembly manual.
- 12.5. Damaged or scratched products.
- 12.6. Electronics.
- 12.7. Products with damaged packaging.
- 12.8. Products which are tempered with.
- 12.9. Used products.
- 12.10. Products with incomplete packaging such as missing parts, incomplete accessories, user manual, etc.
- 12.11. Damaged or scratched products.